Main Menu

Disabled cues

Started by bram, May 19, 2022, 12:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bram

Hi,

When using Multiplay (v3-176 with video libs) disabled cues are not skipped over. When pressing space on the cue before the disabled one, it first jumps over the disabled one and a fraction of a second later it jumps back onto the disabled one.

Regards,
Bram

David

Thanks for the report. I'll check it out.

Brian

Hi David,

V.176

I have just been making a playlist and wanted to put some alternative cues into it. Having done this I de-selected the alternative  cues i did not want to play in the EN column and started playing the cue list. When it got to the de-delected cue it did not jump over it to the next selected cue in the play list but wanted to play the de-selected cue. Of course no audio was played because the cue was "de-selected".

If I watch the cue list closely, it tries to select the next "selected" cue but then jumps back to the "de-selected" one.

I have never had this happen with MP before.

Cheers

Brian

David

I can't seem  to replicate this issue.

What type of cues and what Advance Action settings do they have?

Brian

Hi David,

V 176

When I get time next week I will do some further experriments because I am getting different results with quite a few multiplay idiosincrasies on 2 different HP windows 10 laptops.

The problem above was with a normal cue list with mp3 files and normal START ADVANCE and NEXT CUE set in cue properties. I have just tried it again and sure enough it appears to leap over the disabled cue but then jumps back and settles on the disabled cue. The Laptop has been shut down & restarted a several times but the problem is always there . This is the older HP laptop with Win 10 about 6 years old. I will try it on the brand new HP Laptop which is only a few months old when I get time. The problem does not exist in V 174 but it does exist in V 175 & V 176
I also discovered that while the restart cue feature does not re-set the volume of the cue back to 100% on the oplder laptop it does reset it back to 100% on the new laptop.

Also on the new laptop if you wait for more than about 11 seconds before pushing the GO button there is a pause of about 750 milliiseconds before the cue starts playing. It plays it from the staart but with this delay. That is thru yhe internal soundcard. However, if one uses an external USB soundcard then all functions instantly and normally. I tried this on various versions of multiplay, including 2.5.5.0 all with the same result. Is this something to do with power saving in modern laptops, where the internal soundcard goes to sleep when there is no input????

Please see my post entitled "Delayed start to cues" in BETA TESTERS posted 14/7/22

Thanks

Brian

David

It may be to do with the processing speed of the machine and there's some sort of odd race condition happening. Let me know what you find with the new (presumably faster) laptop.

Brian

Further experrimenting with skipping over disabled cues.

My new HP laptop also does not skip over disabled cues in the cue list. The highlighted line instantly jumps over the disabled cue, then almost immediately jumps back to the disabled cue. This happens in versions 175 & 176 but it does NOT happen in version 174.

Thanks David

David

A couple of released ago I changed the way the cues cascade to reduce latency, but there are issues with that. I've found why things are not consistent / correct, but it will require a fair bit of work and testing to fix. This is one of the reasons for the delay in the v177 release.

David

I *think* I have the cue GO function sorted with respect to the advance action and disabled cues now.

The v177 release has a lot of changes and there still me be issues, but I'll release it shortly and let you guys test it out.