Main Menu

OSC Control

Started by David, May 18, 2020, 01:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulya

Quote from: David on July 02, 2023, 06:52:40 PMSo, in release v196 you'll be able to use either:
/cue/current/track/ next (normal way with argument)
/cue/current/track/next (no space, no argument)
This will make it compatible with both ways of sending OSC commands.

Good news, thank you, David!

Rulya

Updated v198 MK1 OSC control. Now all works!

You cannot view this attachment.

Rulya

Quote from: Rulya on June 23, 2023, 06:01:31 AMIdea: it will be good to add OSC commands for Hot Buttons! Many many usefull functions this give possibilities to realize! For example accent machine)

Once again: is it possible to add OSC control for Ad-lib list? I think it's better to use line number for command... Like /add/1, /go/add/2, /ad-lib/3...

David

I'd rather have a way to specify the adlib list cue the same way as the main cue list. Part of this is for future compatibility in case I end up implementing multiple cue lists.

Each cue does have a unique number that identifies it for internal operations. At present it's a simple number, but it's currently not seen in the UI. Maybe that could be used as the specifier as it won't change as cues in the adlib list are moved around.

The other option is to show the Q# field in the Adlib list. It's already there in the underlying code, but not currently shown in the adlib grid or the Cue Properties editor for adlib cues.

kproth

For my 2 cents ... I'd rather use a user-editable field to control external command mapping, rather than an internal unique number.  "Q#" would fit that bill nicely.  And if I recall correctly it can be populated by the program (auto-numbering) if desired.

David

I'm making Q# visible in Cue Properties for adlib list cues. For now, the user will have to manually fill them in until I update the renumber tool to work with the adlib list. I'll also have to add it to the adlib list grid in due course and make the grid columns more customisable.

I'm also making the OSC parser work with adlib cues. Just start the command with /adlib instead of /cue and the appropriate operations will work with the adlib cue with the specified Q#.

For example: /adlib/A1.3/PauseToggle will toggle the pause on the adlib cue with Q# of A1.3 (not case sensitive).

Rulya

Quote from: David on August 29, 2023, 10:13:10 AMI'm making Q# visible in Cue Properties for adlib list cues. For now, the user will have to manually fill them in until I update the renumber tool to work with the adlib list. I'll also have to add it to the adlib list grid in due course and make the grid columns more customisable.

I'm also making the OSC parser work with adlib cues. Just start the command with /adlib instead of /cue and the appropriate operations will work with the adlib cue with the specified Q#.

For example: /adlib/A1.3/PauseToggle will toggle the pause on the adlib cue with Q# of A1.3 (not case sensitive).

That's nice!!!

David

I've just updated the renumber cues tool to work with the adlib list too. Just focus whichever list you want to renumber first. The caption bar of the renumber tool will show which list you're working with too.

Rulya

Quote from: David on August 29, 2023, 10:13:10 AMI'm making Q# visible in Cue Properties for adlib list cues. For now, the user will have to manually fill them in until I update the renumber tool to work with the adlib list. I'll also have to add it to the adlib list grid in due course and make the grid columns more customisable.

Testing new features, and they works good! But one thing, Ad-lib file over OSC now works like a simple cue. Without option to use action of second press... I hope this possibility will be add in future.

For example: to stop long file with drum roll, we must make two buttons with /adlib/A17/go and /adlib/A17/stop. And also can't restart file Crash 1 until it reach the end.

David

The 2nd Press Mode is only checked when triggered by a Hot Key or MIDI, so in that respect OSC control of adlib cues functions the same as the OSC control of the main cue list.

I will change the OSC control code to do the same processing of the 2nd Press Mode and that would apply to both the main cue list and the adlib list. I don't see a down side to allowing it.

GuilleMartinez

Hello how are you? I have read everything and I am completely unable to control multiplay with an iPad. I cannot connect the PC to the iPad through a router.I don't really know what to write in each IP site.
I'm new to this and my English is not very good.
Right now I'm doing a theater show in Spain and it would help me a lot to have control from my iPad.
If anyone can help me I will appreciate it.
thank you so much

David

What are you using on the iPad to send the OSC messages?

Are you sending the OSC messages to the IP address of the PC running MultiPlay?

Have you gone into Preferences > OSC Control, enabled Control and taken note of the Port number to use?

GuilleMartinez

Quote from: David on February 02, 2024, 09:29:12 AMWhat are you using on the iPad to send the OSC messages?

Are you sending the OSC messages to the IP address of the PC running MultiPlay?

Have you gone into Preferences > OSC Control, enabled Control and taken note of the Port number to use?

HOW ARE YOU??
HELLO, I FINALLY GOT IT. I'M LAUNCHING THE ENTIRE SHOW WITH THE IPAD AND IT'S VERY EASY.

David

Pau Carreras

We cannot open an OSC IN port on local host. In the case of OSC OUT yes.