Volume control via OSC

Started by EdK, June 22, 2020, 10:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RihterS

Quote from: David on July 08, 2021, 12:56:43 PM
you could have more than one audio patch using the same audio output device.
Yes, this is exactly what I do when I need to balance two or more simultaneously playing audio tracks with the help of a midi controller. This is especially important when there is no multi-channel interface and hardware mixer.

RihterS

Quote from: David on July 12, 2021, 08:21:45 AM
I did a little more work on this over the weekend.
Wonderful!
Can we expect MIDI support in the future? I think many already have MIDI controllers, and setting up such a device (using the learning function) is very simple.

David

I'll implement OSC control first as that's the easiest to code and test.

Not sure where the settings for MIDI control of the outputs will go yet.

RihterS

Hello David!
Is the new audio output window just not working for me, or is it not finished yet?

David

It's in progress, so may not work on all systems yet.

thevladbs

Hi!

A doubt about the idea of ​​the image of post #8.
Having, for example, developed this way, all the outputs use the same Audio Device, a Cue using the "Output 1" output with that level of output, and another Cue being started shortly after, without finishing the previous one, using the output "Output 4":
The two Cues were left with the output of the last level executed, in this case the Output 4? Or will they be independent?
If they work independently, it would be a great idea if the Audio Outputs window (dock) had the visible fades of those enabled in "Production Properties - Audio" with an option of visible or not.

I hope you understood me.

See you,

Vladimir
Vladimir

David

The audio output faders operate on the overall volume of the output device, not any cues. It's the same as using the Windows volume control in the taskbar.

thevladbs

Hello!
And if you route the Cue to a submaster and this one with its gain fader in the Audio Outputs Window. And then use the Output Device path. Would work?

See you,

Vladimir
Vladimir

David

Sorry, I don't really know what you're asking.

thevladbs

Hi!
Sorry too.
I hope you don't misunderstand me.
A schematic of what I'm talking about.
;D ;D
Of course if that's possible.
It's the same process as a sound mixer.

See you,

Vladimir
Vladimir

David

OK, I see what you mean now.

It could possibly be done, but introduces another setting that cold confuse a lot of users.