Version 2.5.5.0 Sound Quality Issues

Started by David, July 11, 2019, 10:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Version 2.5.5.0 of MultiPlay was released back in 2013.

It's main issue is the audio playback code doesn't like mp3 files on anything after Windows XP.

The work around is to use 16-bit 44.1KHz wav files with no tag headers.

Some audio editors / rippers (Apple / Mac) seem to add tags that MultiPlay doesn't like.

Note that this won't occur with the new version 3 release.

trams88

Just to say I use windows and have always used mp3 files with no problems and still currently do. Both win 8.1 and win10 sometimes win7 and win Vista.
I understand what is recommended and that it is sorted with the new version.

David

Another error with the old 2.x versions is "audio loading error: no combination of intermediate filters could be found...".

Similarly that can only be solved be using 16-bit 44.1KHz wav files.

Or you could start using the new MultiPlay 3. Even though it's listed as beta release, it's actually very stable.

WATC

Hi David I wonder if you could help we are useing multiplay we have put the MP3s in and when we play the sound it is very distorted and not a crystal clear but when we play the same music threw windows media player it is crystal clear we are playing this threw windows 10 any help and advise we have a production of educating Rita opening on the 12th October in the UK and need to fix the problem kind regards Martin Spencer director of Wigan autistic theatre company

David

What version of MultiPlay?

If it's version 2.5 from 2013, please read the first post in this thread (use wav files).