Main Menu

Cue Grouping

Started by jksessions, August 05, 2020, 01:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jksessions

Hi David,
Are we able to add the ability to group cues together? In my workflow, I have a audio cue, then triggered by the start of the cue is a wait cue and finally a MIDI cue to trigger a change in scene in OBS studio. What I intend it to do is advance to the next cue after all the cues are finished to reduce the accidental trigger of subsequent cue listing. If not, can you give suggestions in my particular workflow?

EdK

HI Jksessions,

Glad you're asking David about that.  Just this past weekend I needed to do the same thing.

V3 has a 'play list' but it's only for audio files and they play in sequence.

BTW- What software are you using for emulating a MIDI cable?  I'm using MIDI-YOKE but it's 32bit only and unlikely it will be developed for 64bit.  As a result I have to run OBS and Midikey2key in 32bit mode also.

Ed
Windows 10 Home x64
Dell XPS 7590 Intel i7-9750H
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

Brian Holder

You could change the order of the cues in your "group"

Midi scene --Start Play
Audio Cue -- End Advance  (or possibly End Play)

You don't then need the wait cue.

This will only work if you don't require to trigger any further cues before the end of the audio cue.

I have a request in with David to look at a second action associated with an Audio cue, so that you can Start Advance to use other cues but also retain End Play or End advance to a designated cue.
Brian

David

I haven't come up with a way to group cues in the grid yet. It is still in the back of my mind though.

EdK

Was thinking about that a bit David.
Rather than displaying all the cues in the group in the grid, would placing an icon (like a + symbol) on the first cue of the group  to show that the cue is a group and selecting the + would open another window with all the cues in the group with it's own grid?  In addition to the + symbol, perhaps displaying the  icons of the cue types that are in the group?
Does that make sense?
Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

Quote from: EdK on August 05, 2020, 02:29:29 AMBTW- What software are you using for emulating a MIDI cable?  I'm using MIDI-YOKE but it's 32bit only and unlikely it will be developed for 64bit.  As a result I have to run OBS and Midikey2key in 32bit mode also.

I use LoopBe1 for testing virtual MIIDI connections.

jksessions

I use LoopMIDI by Tobias Erichsen for MIDI emulation.

Quote from: Brian Holder on August 05, 2020, 03:26:37 AM
You could change the order of the cues in your "group"

Midi scene --Start Play
Audio Cue -- End Advance  (or possibly End Play)

You don't then need the wait cue.

This will only work if you don't require to trigger any further cues before the end of the audio cue.

I have a request in with David to look at a second action associated with an Audio cue, so that you can Start Advance to use other cues but also retain End Play or End advance to a designated cue.
Brian

What I want it to do is switch the scene sometime during the song (In other words, I want the song to start, wait a set period of time and then switch the scene.

EdK

Thanks David and jksessions for the MIDI referrals. I'll look into them.

jksessions>  I think when David get the pre/post wait times feature working, that may give you the desired function.
Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

Quote from: jksessions on August 05, 2020, 07:39:42 PM
What I want it to do is switch the scene sometime during the song (In other words, I want the song to start, wait a set period of time and then switch the scene.

The new beta release will let a cue trigger other cues at specific points in time using the Cue Points.