Change lay-out of Cue Controls

Started by helex, November 29, 2020, 11:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helex

Hi David,

is it possible to change the layout of the Cue Control.

The option I use most (during rehearsals) in both audio- and video-cues is the position-slider.
This is now located at the bottom, and often hidden by the other controls.

I use Pan, Pitch and Volume least. It would be nice to have the slider in the upper part of the window.

If not - no problem  ;D
Lex

David

Is it not possible to expand the Cue Controls window to show it fully?

EdK

Hi David,

I understand what Helex is requesting.   I don't know about other users, but I tend to use the Cue Controls the same way.    I never use the Pan, and Pitch controls and only rarely use the Volume control.

The other 'view' options such as Go, Stop, Fade, etc   are automatically resized when altering the size of the Clue List window and can also be resized manually and can also cover up a portion of the Cue Controls.  But the Cue Controls
can't (and IMO shouldn't) be resized.

I know the Cue Controls can be 'undocked' and placed anywhere on the screen but personally, I leave MPs basic layout in it's it default 'view' as I suspect most users probably do the same.

Moving the location of Volume, Pitch, Pan, Pos controls within the Cue Controls window, the user can 'cover up' the less frequently used Cue Controls with the other the other 'View' (Stop, Go, Fade, etc) windows.

Perhaps the Cue Controls window could be laid out something like this?-

Line 1 (buttons): Pause, Stop, Fade out, Ext Loop
Line 2 (buttons): Restart, Prev, Next, End Jump
Line 3: Position slider
Line 4 (buttons): Cue Points
Line 5: Volume slider
Line 6: Pan slider
Line 7: Pitch slider

Ed

Windows 10 Home x64
Dell XPS 7590 Intel i7-9750H
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

helex

Yes Ed,

exactly what I am also facing - see attached screenshot.

I think the layout you propose is the best workable,

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lex

David

I get what you mean now. Changing the layout is not hard for me to do.

What do other users think of the proposed layout change?

David

Here's what it can be in the next release if there are no objections.

EdK

Hi David,

That looks good to me.

Perhaps add one thing (if possible)......if any  part of the bottom portion of Cue Controls is covered up by other windows below it,  would it be possible to add/display a scroll bar in Cue Control window to indicate there are more controls present? 

No biggie if it's too complex or if you think it's not necessary.  Just an idea.

Ed
Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

I'd have to see how hard that is to do. Keep in mind that a scroll bar would add to the width when it appears.

EdK

Good point.   That didn't occur to me.   Scratch that!
Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

The latest release has the updated layout so let me know if there are any issues with it.

EdK

Looks and works good.  I'd say don't worry about adding a scroll bar unless others feel it would be helpful/useful.

Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

EdK

HI David,

I mentioned a while back that I thought the cue controls shouldn't be resized.  Actually, some of my users asked me if it could be resized.  It's OK when it's docked in it's normal position but they're asking if the contents of the cue control window could resized when the window is undocked.  They find it hard to manipulate (in particular) the slider bar.  Would that be possible?

Thanks...Ed

Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

I have played around with this a couple of times, but there are complications that arise when resizing controls that are hosted on a dockable form. I have gotten it to mostly work, but can crash in some situations.

EdK

Thanks for working on that. 

Was just thinking in regards to what you said about the occasional crashes:
Don't know if this is possible, helpful or even a good idea......

My users are mainly concerned with the slider.  Perhaps providing an option in some way to just make a larger version of the slider available? Like a 2nd window that is the width of the Multiplay window without the need to resize the contents of the cue control window.
Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David