Adlib List Cue Types

Started by David, February 16, 2021, 02:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

As part of the code streamlining process, I'm looking to change the adlib cues to use the same cue properties form as the main cue list. This means I don't have to maintain code for two different property editors that essentially do the same thing.

For now, the adlib list will still only contain audio cues. The cue properties editor is getting some minor changes so that it doesn't show tabs for notes, cue points, etc when editing an adlib list cue.

In due course, I'll look into adding other cue types to the adlib list. This may be useful for getting some cues out of the main cue list that are not part normal flow of the show.

Any cues in the adlib list will have the Cue Advance, Q#, Script Ref, etc disabled as they only apply to the main cue list.

Control and wait cues will not able to be in the adlib list, but most other types should be ok to add in later on.

David

Something else that will be gained from doing this is that the Ignore options will now be available for adlib cue as well.

Using the same properties editor for both cue lists makes for a more consistent user experience.

David

Has anyone tried using other cue types for the adlib list yet?

David

Is no one using the adlib cue list ?

debbio

Hi David, I'm onestly not using it because I don't understand what can I do.. is there some manual to read from?

helex

Hi david,

I only use(d) it for audio-effects.

Just tested it with some video- and image-cues. What I noticed is, that after playing a (AdLib)video-cue I can't play an (AdLib)image-cue. After stopping the production this works again.

Attached the logfile.
Lex

David

Thanks. I'll look into that.

David

I tried it here but couldn't replicate the issue. Does it do the same for those two cue types in the main cue list?

Brian

David,

I haven't used the Adlib Cue List yet because I also don't understand it, Can you explain the circumstances when one would want to use it please.

Thanks

Brian

David

The adlib list is just like the main cue list, but with one main difference. There are no advance actions, so there's no flow to it.

Each cue can be triggered by a hot key (shortcut), a MIDI message or one of the hot buttons.

You could use it for cues that are not part of the show's normal flow - things you need to fire on an "adlib" basis.

Previously users would put all those cues at the end of the show so they didn't get in the way of the normal show cues.

debbio

Ah ok! It's clear now! I think it could be very useful! Thank you for the explanation! Till now I used VLC to send something on the fly,now I'm going to use adlib cue ;)

helex

It can indeed be very useful for sound-effects that have to be played randomly.
Last year we had a competition with 15 majorette-bands who all had to come on stage with the same tune, now I only had to push one key to make this happen.

Here a snapshot of another show we did - this was before the possibility of adding other kind of cues.
Lex

Brian

Thanks for the explanation David, all is now clear and I can see the use of it.

Cheers

Brian

Brian

Probably me being thick, but can you explain how one makes an Adlib Cue List and how one sees it.
Thanks

Brian

David

Click the View > Ad-lib List item and you should see it.

Drag the cue type icons onto it (instead of the main cue list) or right click to add a new cue.