Cannot change Audio Devices when moving production to different machine

Started by cwrolfs, October 02, 2021, 08:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwrolfs

I created a Multiplay project on my desktop system, 40+ audio and control cues.  This works fine on the desktop.  Copied all files (audio and project) to same directory structure on a laptop for use at school theater.  The production loads but all sound cues act as if they are playing but no sound output.  The production properties audio tab's devices still name the desktop's audio devices and are "X"d.  I've tried to change the production properties audio tab's devices, they seem to be changed to the laptop's devices, but when I try to play a cue, Multiplay dies.  Error report says exception class = ERangeError, exception message = Range check error.  I can't send the bug report since the laptop doesn't have email on it.  Is there something I'm doing wrong in selecting the audio output devices?  I hate to think I'll have to recreate all of the cues by hand from one system onto another.

If I start with a new project on the laptop and add audio cues to it, it plays correctly, and the audio tab's devices specify the laptop's audio devices.

I copied the cues from a non-working project into the test project that worked, and the cues played correctly.

David

Did you try saving and reopening the production that had the issue?

cwrolfs

Did try that, it made no difference.  Also tried adding more real laptop devices to the properties, did not help.

Since I got the project to work by copying the cues into a new project, feel free to make this a lower priority bug.  Thanks for the quick response.

David

I could never replicate this issue. What release was that with?