can't change audio outputs (beta 3.0.167.0)

Started by Snowtree, October 08, 2021, 10:54:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowtree

unable to change audio outputs patch to different sound device.

audio comes out of the PC case speaker rather than the rear audio output. In version 2.5.5.0 the audio is output correctly.

2.5.5.0 has square brackets preceding the identical device names but in 3.0.167.0, regardless of whether I select the first option or the second option in the dropdown (or the second option & then the second option again in case the list is reordering the options so the current selected device is the first?) it still outputs to the PC case speaker. 3.0.167.0 doesn't display number in square brackets

I restarted the computer incase the 2.5.5.0 had 'control' of the correct output & also tried with a new production file rather than the same production file.

Also included bug report (probably related) as crashed when clicked start tone button under tools for audio outputs in the production properties.

Snowtree

I note the numbering is probably related to this:

https://da-share.com/forum/index.php?topic=413.0

but if the system has 2 devices with the same device name how can they be changed to differentiate them?

David

I've had two identical audio devices (USB microphones) plugged into my PC and they come up with slightly different names.

I don't have multiple identical output devices to check but thought it should be the same.

Brian

Yes multiple, identical output devices will come up with different numbers after the device name. I have several Beringer USB interfaces and they are named, device 1 device 2 device 3.

Snowtree

Solved:
Different outputs which have the same name within Multiplay.

by going to Control Panel > Manage Audio Devices > click on one of the outputs with the same name > Properties > type a different name.

If you have something playing through one of the outputs that helps in identifying which you're renaming as the manage audio devices has a basic VU meter.

However the bug report included in the original post is still present as still crashed when clicked start tone button under tools for audio outputs in the production properties.

David

I'll have to revisit the test tone as that broke when I changed the way the audio devices are selected.

David

The test tone issue is resolved in the upcoming beta release.