Main Menu

V 172

Started by Brian, December 30, 2021, 10:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Hi David,

Thanks for getting 172 out so quickly.

I am happy now that I can start cues from the Adlib list while a Fade All is in oprogress on the main Cue List.

However I did need to restart my computer again before V 172 would start up properly, same problem as reported earlier today with V 171

Still no joy with restarting a cue in the main Cue List at full volume while the original cue is fading out, won't work on my Widows 10 PC or my Windows XP laptop

Thanks again for a brilliant program

Happy New Year

Brian

David

I've replied about the restart issue you're having in the other thread.

I'm keen to hear about what users like and / or any bugs in v172.

helex

Hi David,

first of all best wishes for 2022!! We will enter 2022 in 9 hours  ;D

I noticed in V172 that if you use a fade out on an image EndPlay doesn't work.
The cue stays on the running cue and doesn't advance. After clearing the fade-out time (and transition-effect) it works as expected.

Lex

clivealcock@gmail.com

Hey David, Happy New Year and yhanks so much for the great work on V3, it's turning into a very fast and flexible program.

Here are a few small bugs with Beta V3 172, not all are exhibited in Beta 167.

1.   Elapsed time, remaining time do not show currently active cue. Instead they show currently highlighted cue.
(V167 works correctly). Cue controls shortcut only shows currently highlighted cue, not currently active cue.
Makes the cue control feature much less useful. (Same issue in V167). I suspect many other shortcuts are similarly afflicted.

2.   Still an issue with Cue highlighting and selection on main cue list. A just played music cue cannot be re-selected on
the grid by a mouse click (this may be intermittent). However a keyboard up/down will move the cue highlight correctly.

3.   Ad-Lib list.
Preview shortcut does not work on any Ad-Lib cues, neither do shortcuts to Cue Controls, elapsed time or remaining time.
Preview does work by opening the Cue Properties and selecting the preview button. There are no Cue Controls, elapsed or remaining times
available anywhere on Ad-Lib cues. Perhaps shortcuts could be added for these features leaving the Ad-Lib grid unchanged.
Ad-Lib cues can be handily run from hot buttons but there are warnings if a keyboard shortcut is not assigned to these cues.
Can this be changed?

4.   Synchronise Grid Selection/Keep active cue in grid.
These work unpredictably and seem to pin to the currently highlighted cue instead of the currently active cue.
e.g. running a short cut to a cue earlier in the grid jumps to the highlighted cue leaving the currently active cue off screen.
Running a short cut to a cue later in the grid ends up with the currently active cue 2/3 of the way down the screen. If possible
could this feature work so that the currently active and previous cues show at the top of the cue list each time?

5.   Hot Buttons.
Still not possible to edit name if "Button Capture from Cue Description" is selected in Production Properties.
Is it possible to make the "button push" more visually obvious? Sometimes I find it hard to tell if the button actually got pushed.

David

Image cue not firing the End Advance / End Play is confirmed - working on the fix for that now.

Cue selection by mouse issue also confirmed - hopefully won't be hard to track down.

I'll look into the other items listed too.

David

The warnings for Adlib cues now take into account the MIDI trigger and Hot Button trigger.

For the Hot Buttons, I've make increased the size of the corners when pressed.

I've also made the Hot Button caption editable even when the Use Cue Descriptions option is active.
When you choose a cue / shortcut in Hot Button Properties, it will fetch the linked caption as a starting point, then let you edit it if you desire.
This means that productions made with v172 or earlier will open without the correct caption, but you can re-select it in Hot Button Properties to fix that.
Once you save the production the captions will be saved correctly from then on. I don't have a better way to make this breaking change.

I'll look into more of the bugs in the next couple of days.

David

The cue list selection issue (2) is now fixed.

The elapsed / remaining time windows not staying with the last started cue (1) is not fixed.

The cue controls have always followed the selected cue. It needs to be that way in case there is more than one cue that needs adjusting on the fly. What I could possibly do is add a small button to the top of the Cue Controls to lock it to the last started cue as an option? Maybe the Cue Controls window header needs to show the cue number / description so it's obvious which one it's controlling?

David

Preview (via a shortcut), cue controls, etc won't work on adlib cues as those functions are only for the main cue list.

As you say, you can still preview ad-lib cues if you go into the cue itself.

clivealcock@gmail.com

Hi David,
Thanks for following up on my notes and the fixes. I do have a comment about your note#6 and the elapsed time/remaining time feature.
It worked as expected in the old version and worked up to and including Beta 167.

To me it only makes sense that it should display the currently running cue and not the next cue in the lineup, even if that next cue is currently highlighted. I also found in Beta 167 that you could make the time displays run on a currently selected and running cue even if multiple cues are running at the same time. That kind of operation makes a lot more sense to me than displaying a time on a cue that you haven't run yet.
I hope I can persuade you to revisit this.
Keep up the great work!

clivealcock@gmail.com

Oooooops,
Sorry David, I now see that you fixed the remaining/elapsed time thing in V173. I will check it out.

Thanks for all the work!