Multiplay error on startup

Started by Instate1, January 22, 2022, 08:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instate1

I have recently found that multiplay has an error on startup and won't even start, this has happened on both my main machine and a backup machine plus another colleague has had the same issue, The error exception message was "bonjour library routine  DNSServiceGetProperty not found in dnssd.dll" I had made no changes to the machines since multiplay was last used (that I know of) I had installed the latest microsoft patches in the previous week but multiplay had started ok after the updates.
  I found the cure was to install Bonjour for windows, multiplay now loads and runs fine again
Both machines were running Multiplay version 3.0.167.0 on windows 10, my colleagues machine was similar. None of the machines had bonjour installed previously and no software was removed from the machines either.

David

Thanks for the report and work around.

It looks like I'll have to improve the detection of Bonjour availability and disable the functions that need it.

David

I've found an issue with some 3rd party code that would throw an exception.

The next version will (in theory) silently disable Bonjour support if anything goes wrong.