Main Menu

Serial cue crashes

Started by Gorsky, January 25, 2022, 11:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gorsky

Hi I'm using V3.0.172.

If you set up serial patch, the COM port disconnects and then you try to use serial cue, program will crash and you are forced to restart whole application (if you press continue another error pops up).
If you get COM port reconnected in time it will still crash.
It would be nice if the error could be resolved, handled without having to restart the program.

Also, if you open Multiplay with configured serial patch and then connect COM port, it will not resolve the serial patch errors.
I can get them cleared by reenabling the serial patch, but would be very nice if this can be automatically resolved.

This might be a niche issue, but I am hoping to use a lot of serial cues to control lighting, so some improvements would be very nice :)

David

The error you're seeing is coming from some 3rd party code that I use, so I'll have to see if there's a way around it.

As for the auto reconnect, that's on my list to do.

David

The next release (v177) should solve the error if you use a serial with a disconnected COM port.

It also has detection of the COM ports being removed and added so should recover (re-enable the port) automatically.