The tracks disappear

Started by theatrelerhone, February 14, 2022, 11:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theatrelerhone

I just downloaded version V174, when I click on one of the tracks I just added (wav or MP3), they disappear and I only have the Show End track that appears.

David

Are you adding audio cues by clicking the toolbar icon or dragging a file onto the grid?

theatrelerhone

I did it both ways and the problem is the same.

David

Maybe I'm not understanding the overall issue.

Can you break down the steps you're performing and what happens?

theatrelerhone

When I add the tracks everything goes well, the problem occurs when I click on one of the tracks, they are erased. And I only have the "Show End" track left. This did not happen to me with the V2 version. I'm on Windows 10 and my computer is pretty good.

David

OK let's go back to basics.

How are you adding the tracks - clicking the toolbar button, dragging the toolbar button, dropping files from Windows Explorer ?

Are you single clicking or double clicking the cue in the grid ? Is that when they disappear ?

Does only the cue you click disappear (one at a time) ?

Can you do a video of the issue ?

theatrelerhone

First of all thank you for your patience. It's just a simple click, and alll the tracks disappear. So I made a little video on youtube to show you the problem. (I'll delete the video later) https://youtu.be/eta1UBHd4o8

David

That is puzzling. Was the beta download extracted to the Windows desktop or another folder?

EdK

David,
I just tried it (174 version both with and withoout video dlls) like user theatrehone did after watching his video and it worked just fine for me....however the  text in the 'Preferences' window is cutoff on some lines. I'll post a screenshot in another post.
Ed

Windows 10 Home x64
Dell XPS 7590 Intel i7-9750H
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

Nice Production

I notice that theatrelehone has the "Synchonise Grid Selection With Current Cue" and "Keep the active cue visible in the grid" buttons selected in the toolbar. (The naming convention with respect to capitalisation is inconsistent.)

I've just recreated the same set up on my system, and the cues also disappear upon one click. It's the "Keep the active cue visible in the grid" that's making the tracks disappear. Pressing the CTRL key makes them reappear.

I haven't played with this function yet so I don't know if that is the intended behaviour. I'm just pointing out what's doing it.

David

Bingo! Great detective work. :)

It looks like the "Keep the active cue visible in the grid" function is a problem. I'll disable it in the next release unless I can fix it.

theatrelerhone

Whaohhhhh Thank you for your answers, it was actually this little button that was activated, it's never easy when you discover software, in any case a thousand thanks, I'm finally going to be able to enjoy Multiplay.