Using X32 and X32tc with multiplay?

Started by flipotto, February 24, 2022, 12:39:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flipotto

I've been away on pandemic...
I see I am repeating myself as I already have an old post about this...
Sorry.

I use an X32 console for my high school theater, in Virginia.
I also use a program called x32 theatre control - that helps me mix via dcas. It works great.

http://jamesholt.audio/x32tc/

He has it integrate with qlab - via osc - but I don't have a mac.
Is there any osc control of multiplay?
Oops - I see that there is osc support.

I am wondering if there could be a way to trigger multiplay cues from my x32, while using x32tc
Thanks

David

I don't know anything about the X32 console sorry. Maybe others who do can chime in here?

ryansedillo

@flipotto I don't think there would be any native support for the x32 to talk to multiplay but have you taken a look at using midi to talk from the console to multiplay? I know the x32 has midi compatibility and I am certain I have seen a midi button on multiplay. That is probably your best option and from what I know about midi and the x32 it should work depending on what kind of midi support multiplay has.

EdK

Hi flipotto,

Do I understand correctly that you want to control Multiplay from x32 theatre control? 
If so, you should be able to do it. 

I do some remote controlling of Multiplay from an iPad using TouchOSC over a local IP network.  I realize the iPad is Apple but Multiplay is on Windows 10.   

OSC communicates over the network so it really shouldn't matter what the devices or software are that are trying to communicate with each other. 

Ed

Windows 10 Home x64
Dell XPS 7590 Intel i7-9750H
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

BJB

Hello,

Thought I would chime in here. After using Multiplay for many years, I recently upgraded to Windows based software called Show Cue Systems (SCS) to use in conjunction with an X32 console and the X32TC software. SCS does "talk to" the X32 and X32TC so, once everything is set up, it all works extremely well together.

You can set up your X32 to trigger SCS cues, which in turn can trigger X32TC cues and so on. SCS can tell the X32 to run various snippets as required, so there is a great deal of flexibility and functionality possible.

For example, if a particular musical number requires a backing track to be played with certain mic's to be unmuted and assigned to the DCA faders - this can all be set up to occur on the single press of an Assign buttons on the X32. At the end of the track, the mic's can be automatically turned off as required etc.

SCS is paid software, but there are several different levels available depending on your needs and it is not overly expensive in my opinion. You can try it for free as well.

There is also a fair bit of discussion in various forums about the use of both these pieces of software in conjunction with each other which also might be of assistance.

Hope this helps.

Brendan