Feature request in Cue Points

Started by EdK, June 14, 2022, 09:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdK

Hi David,

I searched the forum first to see if this question was asked before and didn't find anything.  Apologize if it was and I missed it. The new layout of the forum is taking some getting used to.

Would it be possible to add/update cue points a bit more dynamically? 

What I mean is,  currently when I'm playing a cue and get to a certain point where I wish to add a cue point, I pause the cue, open the cues properties (Cue Points) and add the cue point but I need to type in the 'timestamp' manually.   Would it be possible for Multiplay to automatically populate the timestamp value based on where the cue is currently paused?

Also along with that, have the ability to change the timestamp value of an existing cue point based on where the cue is currently paused?

OR...even perhaps provide some sort of hotkey to add cue points (in sequence) on the fly while a cue is playing (not paused)?

Obviously, the ability to do this would not be possible in LU mode.

Thanks.  Ed

Windows 10 Home x64
Dell XPS 7590 Intel i7-9750H
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

When previewing in v176, the Add button in Cue Properties > Cue Points uses the current position as the new cue point time.

I could possibly extend that functionality to a new hot key so it could be done outside of Cue Properties.

EdK

Thanks.  Oh- I see how that works.  In that case, would it be possible to add pause and resume buttons while previewing? That way we'll have the opportunity to update the "Name" field while its paused.
Windows 10 Home x64
Dell XPS 7590 Intel i7-9750H
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

Adding a pause (resume) button for the preview should be possible.

Eventually I'd like to have a waveform view so you can move around and edit the start, end, cue points, etc.

David

For the next release I'm adding a pause / resume button next to the preview button in Cue Properties.

This will allow you to place and edit the cue points a little more easily.

Skullzofdoom

Hey after reading through this, I have an idea on a good system for cue points. I am not sure how hard it would be for David to develop, but it would be fairly easy for the end user to understand.

My idea would be to add a record button next to the 8 cue point buttons on the cue controls window. When this record button is pressed it would glow red, as the cue plays through, you could tap each one of the 8 cue point buttons. When you hit one of the 8 cue point buttons it would automatically add the time stamp into the cue properties for each of the cue points. Then, when you deselect the record button, it would gray out and the cue points button would act as normal and jump to wherever in the cue. If you where to accidentally tap a cue point twice, you could add a "would you like to overwrite message" that could be turned on or off in the user preferences, since some people get annoyed by those. Basically what is happening when you're in the preview mode, but this is a bit more user friendly in my opinion.

Let me know your thoughts on developing something like this and if the idea is making sense. I would also like to hear Ed's thought on this and if this is something that he think would work well for more easily recording cue points.