Main Menu

Audio Previewer

Started by EdK, April 10, 2022, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdK

Hi David,

I'm using V176.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I'm experimenting with "Audio Previewer" windows in the View dropdown list for the first time.

Audio output under preferences has Preview enabled and using the same device as "Output 1" which is my default Windows speaker.

When I first select "Audio Previewer" in the View dropdown and it's window appears, it shows my "C:" drive and I need to drill down into my Music folder for the production I'm currently using.    However, under V166, the window is already pointing to my Music folder for the production.

Secondly,  I can't hear any output when I play a cue (in either version) and the 'cue player control' portion of the Audio Previewer window appears but top of it is cutoff.

Thanks..Ed

Windows 10 Home x64
Dell XPS 7590 Intel i7-9750H
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

I'll see if I can fix the initial folder issue.

I just tried the previewer and it works (produces audio) for me.

Can you post a screenshot of what the "cut off" window looks like for you?

I've never been happy with the layout of the preview folder / file selection. Suggestions are welcome.

EdK

HI David,

Sorry....I should have been more clear.  When I right click on an audio cue and select "preview" or if I go into the Cue Properties and select "preview" there, the audio plays.

But if I select the Play button in the audio preview window itself, I don't get audio although the cue shows actively playing.   

See the circled section in the screenshot.  You'll see the slider just above the "Pan" slider is where it's cutoff.

I also attached a screen show of my production properties.

As for the layout of the preview folder/file selection,   I don't know how else you could format it. I can understand why you need to show the hierarchy of folder/file structure.
Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

OK, it seems like the Audio Preview panel is using the default audio device, not the one selected in Production Properties. I'll look into that.

As for the cut off control, what screen scaling are you using (100% or other) ?

EdK

Oops!  I had my screen scaling higher than 100%  Totally forgot I did that because I had cataracts.  Just had cataract surgery this past month on both eyes.  Set my scaling back to normal 100% now and it displays correctly.
Thanks!
Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

I'll have to work out how to make it scale correctly as > 100% scaling is quite common these days.

David

Audio Previewer wrong output bug found and fixed for v177 release.

David

I just checked and the Audio Previewer will use the last used media folder if it exists, not the current production file location.

I've changed it so it will try to use the folder that the production is located in if the above fails.

EdK

Thanks. Appreciate it....I think.

I don't understand what you mean by "last used media folder" and "the folder that the production file is located".  What does the media folder and where the production file is located have to do with where a cue's output goes?

As I understand it,  in each cue you can specify what Output you want it to use via the Misc option under the Audio tab of the cue's properties.     

Production Properties defines what device each Output (including Preview) is assigned to.   There is no Output selection in each cue's properties for Preview.   Does that make sense?  Hard to put into words.

Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

Sorry, I was meaning the initial folder that the Audio Previewer starts with.

Nothing to do with the actual playing of the files or what output they go to.

EdK

Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

I've changed the controls portion of the Audio Previewer a little so hopefully it shouldn't chop off the top when scaled. The controls are now laid out like the Cue Controls window.

I've also added the CTRL-Click action to centre the pan and speed controls.