Cue does not play the first 5-6 seconds of the audio

Started by recko@comcast.net, June 09, 2022, 02:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recko@comcast.net

I have been using MultiPlay (currently v2.5.5.0) to control the music for dance recitals for many years now.  This year, on my HP Envy x360 laptop running Windows 11, when I start a cue the first few seconds do not play, then the audio is heard normally.  If I stop the cue, go back and restart it, it plays normally.  As this is a dance recital, the dancers are not pleased.
The dress rehearsal is Friday.  Can you help??

David

Does this only happen if there is no audio played for a while? If so, maybe the sound device is going to sleep / standby.

What happens if you play another cue once the first cue starts playing properly? If the second one plays straight away that would seem to confirm the sleep / standby theory.

Brian

Yes. Is there a Bluetooth connection somewhere in your sound system?

Bluetooth audio systems go into a standby mode if there is no audio input for a few seconds then they take a finite time to wake up once they get audio again.

Good luck

Brian

helex

Lex

David

I wonder if sending a silent stream to each audio output would solve this issue for devices that go into sleep mode?

Does anyone have a suitable system that consistently exhibits this issue, or can recommend some cheap hardware for me to try and replicate?

LenStruttmann

I just recently ran into this problem using Bluetooth speakers.  I fixed it by starting a long, looping cue at the beginning of each Act.  This sound cue sent a short 30kHz tone to each speaker, once per second.  This kept the speaker awake and nobody could hear the tone.