Multiplay w/ Bitfocus Companion

Started by Skullzofdoom, June 24, 2022, 01:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim10705

Helex,

I have experimented with Companion.  The theater already has Stream Deck installed and working with other apps such as OBS, audio, work lights. I'm trying to first fully leverage what's already installed and working versus replacing or adding more to the system. We may end up with Companion if it is more versatile and just as reliable.
I just found a Stream Deck plugin that claims to send basic udp messages.  Will need to test it.

jim10705

I found a MultiPlay connection add-in for Companion but it refers to Telnet patch that does not seem to exist in the beta release (And Telnet is a TCP connection versus UDP). I did successfully use a generic tcp-udp connection to navigate within the main cue list, which would meet my needs. I'm going to try the udp plug-in for Stream Deck because if it works then it means one less piece of software to install and maintain and worry about on a production PC.  Also, Stream Deck has easy plugin for integration with IFTTT whereas doing so in Companion requires hand coding for the webhooks.  Furthermore -unless I am not finding it - Companion (using emulator at least) doesn't allow basic control of Windows itself.