Command Line Parameters

Started by David, June 24, 2022, 09:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I'm implementing command line parameters in the next version of MultiPlay.

Command line parameters can be used in shortcuts to a program to specify options when the program starts.

The first one is /production [fully qualified production file name]. An example might be:

/production "C:\Users\David\Desktop\MultiPlay\My Production File.mpp"
This would tell MultiPlay to load the specified production at startup. If the production file has no spaces you can omit the quotes.

David

If you have Preferences > Cue List > Reload Last Production On Startup set and for some reason it's causing an issue at startup, it can be hard to get to preferences to turn that off again.

I'm making it so you can use this command line switch to force MultiPlay to create a new production at startup, even if it would have normally tried to load the last used one.

/production new

EdK

Hi David,

Could this work as a standard Windows shortcut also where the name of the mpp file could be specified?  I'm working with a theatre group that has multiple summer camps taking place...each doing a different show.

Ed
Windows 10 Home x64
Dell XPS 7590 Intel i7-9750H
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

Yes that's exactly how you would most often use it.

EdK

Great!  Just thought I'd check since the examples appeared to be (at least to me) doing so from other software programs.

Could you provide a screenshot or example of how it would be defined in a windows shortcut?
Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650

David

The details box isn't wide enough to screen shot with a long parameter, so I've edited the example here:

EdK

Windows 10 Home x64
16gb RAM - 1tb SSD
GeForce GTX 1650