Main Menu

Cross Fade

Started by hangtreiber, July 05, 2022, 05:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hangtreiber

Hello,

what is the best way to do a cross fade between two cues?

BR
Enrico

David

On the first cue, set the Fade Out Time and enable the Fade End option. Set the Advance Action to Fade Play.

On the second cue, set the Fade In Time.

This way the second cue will start (with a fade in) at the same time the first cue is just starting to fade out.

Velvet74

What if you need the cross fade to happen on cue rather than at the end of the first sound? We will need to be able to trigger the cross fade based on what is happening on stage.

Thanks

Velvet74

I think we got it, but figured I'd pass along the info if anyone else needs it, or if anyone sees a better way.

We have our sound cue with "start advance" and "next cue" selected.
Then we have a control cue with "start play" and "next cue" as the cue advance options, and on the control tab we have "fade all previous" and "Previous cue" and we set the fade out seconds.
Then we have our second sound file with "fade in advance" and "next cue" selected as cue advance options, and set the fade in seconds on the audio tab.

GO starts the first file, then the next GO starts the cross fade.

helex

Hi David,

It would be nice if it was possible to use a kind of cross-fade on audio-cues which are set to loop.
This then makes it possible to prevent silences in playing a cue multiple times.

It could also be a great option on playlists.

Lex

David

Playlist cues have had the cross-fade option (between tracks) for some time now, but it could do with some improvements.

David

With the change of fade curve in v212, I think the cross-fade in playlist cues is pretty good now. Of course the individual tracks in the playlist need to have any silence trimmed off each end before adding them to the files list for it to work effectively.