Video playback questions

Started by Al Chiappetta, August 30, 2022, 01:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Chiappetta

Hi.
I've just started using the beta release .813 and have a couple of questions
1) is there a maximum file size limit on files being played back in a cue?

2) how do I set the end of a cue up so it either stops and holds display on the last frame of the video -or- advances to a still picture of a blank screen. Currently when the video stops playing it kicks out to the default desktop screen.
Running windows 10
-Al

David

Video cues are still a work in progress so may not work as intended.

I have loaded whole movies as video cues so file size shouldn't be an issue.

If you tick Production Properties > Windows > Area > Enabled, the window should stay visible after the cue completes. You can set the background in Properties > Windows > Background.

Al Chiappetta

I'll check tonight at rehearsal.
Thanks!

Al Chiappetta

That worked!
Thank you David.
OSC seems to be behaving nicely.
Sending from my ETC Ion (win7 upgraded) to 2 laptops.
Sound laptop is running win7 professional
Video laptop is running win10 home
All through a net gear unmanaged switch.
This is a wonderful thing.

Al Chiappetta

Hey David.
Another question-
Running v.187-
I need to hold the end frame of a video cue when the video stops playing.
I've added a still image of that frame as a follow-on cue and am triggering it using the End play option of the video cue.
Problem I'm seeing is a delay where there's a blackout between the end of the video and the start of the still picture coming up. Basically there's a noticeable "flicker" between the end of the video and the start of the still image.
Is there a setting I'm missing to eliminate this?
Running on a win10 asus gaming laptop- decent graphics card on board

David

I don't think there's anything I can do to help that unfortunately.

Brian

Hi, I don't use MP for video myself but it might be worth putting a CUE Point before the end of the active video, it may only need to be a few frames before the end that triggers your "still frame" and see whether that works or not. Maybe a little experimentation will be called for.

Cheers

Brian

helex

Just tried a workaround for Al Chiapetta.
I set the video stop position on the desired still, and the added a wait time (as long as desired, or you can pause it)

This seems a good solution - only problem: the video doesn't stop but keeps running till the end.

If this is fixed, this solution might work.

V 187
Lex

David

Something I just tried was using a cue point (set to near the end) in the video cue to play a control cue. That control cue was in turn set to pause the video cue. It seems to work, but I've not tested it to any great extent.