Main Menu

Chans in output

Started by james, October 26, 2022, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

Hello, my question is very simple.

Whats means this option and how can we use it.

I thinks it was channel but they are 4 and you also knew that Multiplay didn't support ASIO Drivers and more than 2 output channel for each output.
So...

David

If your audio device has more than two channels, you can use the Chans number to select which L/R pair of channels that patch will use. So if your audio device has 4 channels, setting Chans to 2 will use the 2nd pair (outputs 3 & 4) for that patch.

It's possibly not all that intuitive and is a work around until I get to enabling ASIO and more advanced audio patching in due course.

StageBrewer

How would I get MultiPlay to output to multiple channels. For example, the theater we're currently performing in has one channel of speakers above the stage and one channel above the audience. So far, I can only get the app to play a sound on one or the other. I want it to play on both channels at the same time. Additionally, I'd love to be able to change the balance from front to back the same way I can from left to right.

Thanks in advance!

David

You can only output to one stereo output per cue at this time.

Brian Holder

You could use a second cue triggered by "start play" of the first cue. Set the output of the second to, say, output 2. There is no noticeable delay. You can set the output levels and pan position of the 2 cues independently. Use the same audio file.
Brian

jim10705

I have done what Brian suggests and if latency is not too bad then it works.  However, our theater uses Qu-32 mixing board with USB connection to PC. We setup three output mappings/channels so that we can use them in different mixes on the board (and use delay option on board if needed to avoid phase issues).