Consecutive cues end play with pre or post wait times

Started by Brian Holder, November 21, 2022, 11:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Holder

Hi David
I set up a number of midi mute cues each with End Play and a pre wait time of 1 second. With just one cue it did what I expected, the cue was sent 1 second after GO. with a stack of 8 cues it seemed to completely lose its timing triggering the whole stack of cues in the first second followed by some delayed actions. I tried changing from pre- wit to post wait but this did not help. Without any wait times the cues ran as expected.  I have seen this sort of weirdness with sequential cues before. These were a mixture of cue types, Audio, Midi Mute and Midi Control cues. The last cue would not start. There were no pre-wait times and switching from End Play to Start Play cured that weirdness.
Brian

David

Thanks for the report Brian. I'll check out the logic for that.

David

I can replicate the issue with v186 / v187, but not the upcoming v188 release so I must have fixed that as part of some other work I've been doing.

The only work around for v187 or earlier would be to add wait cues.

Brian Holder

Thanks David
This sounds promising. Using wait cues was my fix but it seemed clunky compared with the use of pre-wait cues.
Brian

Brian Holder

Hi David
V188 certainly cures the pre-wait and post-wait problem, Thank you.
Any chance that you could take a look at the fade in and fade out curves. Currently I find that you need two cues to achieve a nice fade. Say 5 seconds to -30dB then 1.5 seconds to fully out.
Regards
Brian