Main Menu

Program usage

Started by Rulya, June 12, 2023, 11:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rulya

I want to tell many thanks to David, for so useful prog! I was looking for the simple and functional soft of this kind for Windows long time...

For me, as light master, it's the best and a lot of helpful software! I use v194 with success on the circus show. Next step will be synchronization with Hog software via OSC. (Tested, works good!)

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

David

Good to know it's helping you put on a good show. :)

Rulya

Quote from: David on June 13, 2023, 07:16:52 AMGood to know it's helping you put on a good show. :)

David, during the prog usage, want to tell one thing: current fade curve don't like by me( Is it possible to add few fade curves? Now is it linear?
Of course that depend from acoustic system... But now, if I give 3 sec fade, it's to long time with very quiet sound( Need curve something like in players logarithmic or how thay called there (not sure)... Need slow fade from 0 to -10-20 dB and quicker fade to -60 dB... Psychoacoustics)))

Rulya

Want to share with idea to simple synchronization MP with Hog...

With start the definite track I "push" Go button on Hog via OSC. Realize this thing throw Ad-lib list in MP.

Q# 1.0 on screenshots. Next light cues Hog made itself on waiting time in cues themselfs.

On v195 time set to 0 and works good! (screen from v199)

P.S. Time 0.000 it's impossible to set in MP Cue Points for Ad-lib list point...

P.S.S. Problem solved! In Cue Points need to input time simple one "0", instead "0:00.000" or "0.000"!

P.S.S.S. But with time set to 0, OSC command not sended((( Therefore set time 0.001!

You cannot view this attachment.

jim10705

Rulya,
There have been other posts regarding fade type option.  Sometimes a simple linear fade (fade in or fade out) doesn't sound right due to the perceived change in volume by the human ear over time, what is being played (music or sound effects) and the length of fade (Plus, dB scale is logarithmic itself). Sometimes if I can't make the fade "sound right" with MultiPlay I use sound editor software (such as Audacity with effects plugs-in for setting type of fade) to build in the fade. I'm fine with continuing in this manner if David decides to prioritize other new features.

Rulya

Quote from: jim10705 on June 22, 2023, 11:23:16 PMRulya,
There have been other posts regarding fade type option.  Sometimes a simple linear fade (fade in or fade out) doesn't sound right due to the perceived change in volume by the human ear over time, what is being played (music or sound effects) and the length of fade (Plus, dB scale is logarithmic itself). Sometimes if I can't make the fade "sound right" with MultiPlay I use sound editor software (such as Audacity with effects plugs-in for setting type of fade) to build in the fade. I'm fine with continuing in this manner if David decides to prioritize other new features.

Thanks Jim! I must find that discussion. Due the show is circus, mostly there no fixed cue times, I make live fades, and if thay more than 2 sec, I'm losing the "tempo" of the show ("there is a lot of silence")...

Rulya

I think I found the way to make "my" fade, in 2 steps! Must try on hall)

David

Quote from: Rulya on June 22, 2023, 05:02:26 PMP.S.S.S. But with time set to 0, OSC command not sended((( Therefore set time 0.001!

I've found the cause of the Cue Point zero issue and fixed it in the upcoming v195 release.

Rulya

Quote from: David on June 25, 2023, 08:30:21 AM
Quote from: Rulya on June 22, 2023, 05:02:26 PMP.S.S.S. But with time set to 0, OSC command not sended((( Therefore set time 0.001!

I've found the cause of the Cue Point zero issue and fixed it in the upcoming v195 release.

Wow, thank you, David! 0.001 have no principal matter, but thank you!

Rulya

Today had a first crash v194 during the show, needed program restart  :( I will try to send crash report...

Rulya

v198: two shows and rehearsals (also using OSC program control throw WiFi on rehearsals and sound check) without any problem! This week working on v199.

Rulya

And few words about "my fade" for keeping show tempo (from v195), sounds good with Volume Change to -35 dB and Stop at End!

David

I think separating the Stop At End from the End Volume -60dB was a good move and along with the Relative option should make better control possible.

Rulya

Quote from: David on July 28, 2023, 03:59:45 PMI think separating the Stop At End from the End Volume -60dB was a good move and along with the Relative option should make better control possible.
Thanks, David, must try Relative! Don't use it yet)))

Rulya

V199 5 shows and rehearsals with good stability!