Go lock/Arm Go function

Started by Audbol, September 20, 2023, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audbol

I'm a clumsy idiot and I tend to fear that I'm going up accidently trigger my cues on accident when doing various things.

would it be possible to add an "arm go function? Essentially a key that "unlocks" the go button

For example. I am getting ready to play a cue. Program displays the GO button as saying "Locked" or "Unarmed" or something. I press my unlock button (let's say it's scroll lock) and the GO button shows as normal, couple seconds pass and then when the time comes I slap my spacebar and the cue plays. Go button locks again

David

I guess it would be possible to implement something like that as an assignable key. There would need to be a way to lock it manually again in case you unlock it in error. Maybe the same key toggles the lock on / off ?

Also, you'd need to enable / disable that behaviour somewhere, as the majority of users won't want it. You may also need to disable if when there are a bunch of cues that need to be fired close to each other.

Audbol

Yeah, it's probably not to have it as a default functionality. Maybe as a cue property that can be enabled disabled on each cue and set to default in the 'Cue Defaults' preferences