2nd Press Mode becoming Second Trigger Mode

Started by David, September 30, 2023, 10:49:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Originally the 2nd Press Mode function only operated on the Hot Key trigger so has always been part of that group of controls in Cue Properties > Advanced > Hot Key.

Since then its use has expanded into MIDI and OSC triggers, but since it was still tied to the Hot Key there was an issue using it when no Hot Key was assigned. The setting would work when first assigned, but not be saved to or read from the production file unless a Hot Key was assigned.

To that end I'm moving it out of the Hot Key code (and group of controls) and renaming it Second Trigger Mode. This will mean that it no longer relies on there being a Hot Key assigned for it to work correctly. I'll also look at making it so it's used for any type of trigger.

Hopefully I can work out a neat way to read in the old 2nd Press Mode from v203 and earlier productions an apply it to the new Second Trigger Mode automatically as the file is loaded.

It also made me look at the current modes and their naming with a view to enhancing them in future releases. The first new one will be a Next Item option. Initially this will only be available for playlist cues and if used will perform the Track Next function. I could also add in Previous Item (to trigger Track Previous), but I'm not sure how much sense that makes as a trigger option.

The new Next Item mode could also possibly be used for network, series and MIDI cues that have an Interval property. In that case the second trigger would bring forward the next item in the list, cutting short its interval time.

Comment and suggestions are welcome.