Main Menu

Remote Control

Started by Rudizoon, October 06, 2023, 01:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudizoon

Congratulations on an excellent program - I'm with a local amateur theatre group and have been converted.

I did find that using the mouse to control the cues caused a few issues as the mouse would inevitably move between cues, leaving a danger of missing a cue when try to find the cursor.

So I've built a remote control for MultiPlay.

Details are at MutilPlay Remote Control

Regards

David

That's a pretty neat project. Well done. :)

helex

Hi Rudizoon,

is there a reason for not using an Elgato StreamDeck-keyboard with the OSC-connection from Bitfocus Companion.
An extra advantage is that this also works when the program is not focused.
We are using it for about a year now and it is very reliable.
Also you can have more then one function on a button: F.e. Mute on Push, unmute on second push,

Also David is adding more OSC-commands so functionallity increases.

Isn't there a member who can program presets for a MP-connection for Companion?

Lex

SynthKeyWizard

Would be great to make a wireless OSC controller using arduino or esp.
Dmitry Yeryomin, sounddesigner.

helex

Hi Dmitry,

if you are using Bitfocus Companion (free to use) you can control it remote throught the build-in webservice.

Here it is running on my phone, but running it on a tablet is gives ofcourse greater buttons.

Lex

SynthKeyWizard

Quote from: helex on October 06, 2023, 08:16:46 PMHi Dmitry,

if you are using Bitfocus Companion (free to use) you can control it remote throught the build-in webservice.

Here it is running on my phone, but running it on a tablet is gives ofcourse greater buttons.

Webservice is a good thing, but we are already  have TouchOSC for this purpose. But hardware controller sometimes is much more  reliable.
Dmitry Yeryomin, sounddesigner.