Advance by cue-point

Started by SynthKeyWizard, October 19, 2023, 06:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SynthKeyWizard

I was thinking about looping and cue points and found a new interesting thing that can be very useful. I have a few performances, where I need to go to a next cue straighht in a music beat, and I found that it can be done much more precisely.

To do that, we can set a few cue-points (a kind of a beat-point) and use an advance action which will start next cue when reaching a nearest cue-point (if activated). The logic is a similar to an "exit loop", but use a cue-points.

Is it possible to add such kind of an advance action?

Maybe, we can use another kind of cue-points, calling them "beat-points" for example, to avoid a terminology confusion.
It is not matter how to name them, but I think, that functionality can be very useful. Of course, if it is possible to implement.

Hope I described it clear )))
Dmitry Yeryomin, sounddesigner.

David

So in addition to just triggering the specified cue at the cue point, you'd want to stop the cue that triggered it?

SynthKeyWizard

Quote from: David on October 19, 2023, 06:24:40 AMSo in addition to just triggering the specified cue at the cue point, you'd want to stop the cue that triggered it?
Currently I can stop any playing cue using an exclusive mode or an additional control cue. But an additional stopping also can be useful.

At all, this feature must be like an audio trigger (but use a "beat-point" as a trigger source): if it is not "armed" then cue "A" plays as is, ignoring "beat-points", but if it is armed by control cue, then cue "B" trigger when cue "A" reaches nearest "beat-point".
Dmitry Yeryomin, sounddesigner.