Midi control feedback

Started by SynthKeyWizard, October 19, 2023, 11:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SynthKeyWizard

I was thinking about using a different types of midi controllers, and most of them (Launchpad for example) use a midi feedback option: the same midi command is sent for every assigned controller to highlight an appropriate button/controller LED. Can it be added to MP?

Examples:
- if MP plays any cue/cues - the GO button glows (MP sending the same controller number to out port). Or maybe GO button glows when GO triggering available (still think)
- if MP fading cues using FadeAll - the Fade button at controller glows
- if MP is stopped - the Stop button LED glows
- any others buttons can be just highlighted whet their functions are available to use.

Still thinking about logic of this feature, but it can be useful at all if using such type of a controller.

Another option is when every controller LED glows if it is available:
- Stop, FadeAll, Pause Toggle glows always when MP is in running state, but they are off when MP is in stopped state (because these functions are not available in stopped state)
- GO glows in stopped state, but blinking in running state indicating running state
- FadeAll is off in paused state
etc.

If it can be done - I can create a table of LED status for every MP state to make using it more logical.
Dmitry Yeryomin, sounddesigner.

David

That sounds similar to what the outgoing OSC status does, but for MIDI.

It would be possible I guess, but it will have to wait until I catch up with all the other items.