Organizational Features

Started by Logan, October 25, 2023, 01:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

Hello all, I'm wondering if there are some organizational features that I may be missing? I should preface by saying that I've only just recently picked up this tool so it's entirely possible I just haven't found these features. I also am intending to use this tool for purposes that might be considered unconventional, or niche.

I'm wondering if there are maybe ways to categorize my cues, or possibly collapse a selection of cues into a folder of some sort for organizational purposes? I have a somewhat large collection of various audio clips with their own associated playlists; I have tried using the playlist cues, but unfortunately the playlist cue lacked some of the versatility that I needed (i.e. the ability to start an audio clip within the playlist while another clip from the same playlist is still playing). I think it would be extremely helpful to be able to collapse those cues into some kind of cascading folder hierarchy. I'm wondering if such a feature exists, or if maybe I could achieve this through some clever usage of other cues (such as the playlist cue).

In the future, I also want to explore using this tool as a sort of soundboard for playing and mixing multiple randomly selecting sound effects for varying different scenarios. I run tabletop game sessions, and I think this tool is a great way for me to implement more immersive soundscapes into my games, and if I could try to use this tool as a sort of soundboard simultaneously then it would just be perfect. I digress.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read or reply!

David

I don't know that MultiPlay is the right tool for your application. Maybe others can chime in if they have done something similar?

Logan

No, of course not, and it would be unreasonable to ask for you to divert time and effort into making your application into something it's not meant to be. I figured the soundboard aspects are where I would get hung up, however, I wondered if the application could benefit with some additional organizational tools in order to keep a clean virtual workspace.

Simply being able to select a group of cues and assign them to a group that can be tucked away via a collapsing hierarchy or something similar would be extremely helpful, I would think, but I'm not a part of this industry, so maybe something like that would be counter-productive.

Thanks again for taking the time to read and reply, I appreciate it.

David

Eventually I'd like to allow cues to be put into groups that are collapsible to one line in the cue list.

Something else that may happen in due course is multiple Hot Button panels and cue lists.