Fading out to -60 db audio still playing

Started by dwhite, March 09, 2024, 05:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwhite

When fading an audio cue out (to -60 db) whether with the "fade all" or a control cue, the audio is still playing through the speakers.  It doesn't really fade completely out.  And when you click the "stop at end" box, you can tell the audio just cuts off instead of truly fading completely out.  The fade function on Multiplay 2.0 worked very well.  The audio not fading completely out is the biggest bug I've seen thus far.  Being able to edit cues (mostly fades) in Multiplay without having to go to an editing software is one thing I have loved about Multiplay.  Is there a fix coming for this?  I haven't been able to find any other posts on the subject.

Thanks   

David

If your performance space has a low noise floor, you may want to change the minimum level.

In Preferences > Cues you can set the minimum level to -60dB, -90dB or -120dB.

See how you go with that. You will need to go and change any control cue fades to the new level.

bosko1333

I do not know which option is right, but I also had this issue with some projects in the past so I started using "Cue fade" control cue instead of "Volume change". Then you have to set fade time in the mp3 cue properties (cue properties > audio > Misc > Fade-Out). You cannot see "Fade" elapsed time but it works.

OR maybe I do not hear the difference and the "Cue fade" still cuts at -60db by default? Question for David :D

David

There was an issue with the stop at end, but that was quite a few versions ago.

dwhite

Changing the final DB to -120 and switching to the legacy fade did the trick.  Thanks for the tip!