Master Volume

Started by Brian Holder, April 21, 2024, 09:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Holder

Hi David
Is it possible to have a master volume control. I am thinking of a separate window with a slider. My preferred position would be on the right hand side with a full height slider controlling both outputs of the main stereo pair. It would also be nice if it was calibrated in dBs.
I am currently operating in very limited spaces and it would be great to remove the requirement of a mixer, with a master volume I could come out of the tablet via s sound card and straight into powered speakers.
Regards
Brian

David

I actually did some work on this a while back but it's not visible in the public releases yet.

It's a dockable window that shows a slider for the preview and each program output patch.

Here's what it looks like so far.

Brian Holder

David

Even though there's more work to do I'll enable it in the v215 release for people to try.

At present if the volume is changed by another app (or the Windows control panel) the sliders won't update until you click somewhere in MultiPlay's Audio Outputs window.

c2j9w

I have previously used VoiceMeeter Banana alongside python code, JoyToKey and a game controller to control the volume of 2 virtual outputs. I pushed the VoiceMeeter Banana GUI to the side of the screen. EDIT a bit annoying to push off the side of the screen though.

Not sure whether if anyone would be interested in that.

Stormy

It will be great this master volume to have hotkeys

David

Right now the sliders adjust the output of the device associated with the audio output patch. I don't know if that's what will be expected or useful yet.