Start and Stop Positions

Started by David, April 21, 2024, 09:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

At present only the audio and video cues have controls to set the start and stop positions.

As part of the transition to a timeline for setting the start, stop and cue points, I'm looking to replace the current set of mins, secs and ms controls with a simple edit box where you key in the time value as hours:mins:secs.ms with the keypad.

As an example, 23:59:59.99 would be 23 hours, 59 minutes, 59 seconds and 990 milliseconds. You don't need to specify hours, mins or ms if they are zero so 10.5 is 10.5 seconds or 5 is 5 seconds, although the 0 ms portion will update to .00 once saved.

To avoid too much disruption while I come up with the best way, I've added start and stop controls to the MIDI sequence file cue to get a feel for them. The format is the same as Cue Points.

Here's what it looks like on the MIDI Seq page of Cue Properties. Comments?

David

I'm surprised that nobody has any comments on a possible change to the Start and Stop position controls.

I'd like to move away from the current minutes, seconds and milliseconds spin controls so times can be specified he same way everywhere.

kproth

Perhaps no response because everyone's OK with the idea?

I like it.  But please leave a label nearby to remind us of the right format. (tooltip isn't discoverable enough).