Bitfocus Companion OSC module

Started by Nomix99, May 17, 2024, 04:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomix99

Hi all,
First of all, congratulations and many thanks to David for this great piece of software. I have discovered Multiplay just a month ago and I use a lot on my work at a venue. As a small contribution, I have written a module for Bitfocus Companion to control Multiplay using OSC messages as described in the online help. It can catch the info send by the program and use it as feedback for buttons. I added some presets too as usage examples.
To use it, just type "multiplay3" in the search box of the connections tab and enter IP and input and output ports. Don't forget to configure Multiplay to accept OSC.You cannot view this attachment.
Hope you find it useful!

Nomix

helex

Thanks,
I am using Companion on Streamdeck to control the standard commands.
But I see you are also giving feedback. GREAT. Will try it first thing in the morning.
Lex

helex

Hi Nomix,,
I can't get it working. I get connection refused. What do you mean with Telnetpatch? I believe it is no longer available in MP.

What I use with standard OSC is working as expected
Lex

Nomix99

Hi Lex,
The module is included with the last release of Companion (v 3.3) as bundled module. You have to update Companion and then search for multiplay3 (the one that appears as multiplay without number refers to the TCP based module).
All feedbacks and sugestions are welcome.

jim10705

I've started testing your Companion module and I really like it!  I had used a generic OSC connection but your connection/module provides feedback of playhead Q#/desc and elapsed/remaining time of currently playing cue which I was not able to see on the StreamDeck.

helex

Hi Nomix,

Just installed the 3.3 version of Companion - looks great.
However, I can't get the feedback to work - I configured the ports (8000 and 9000)
Incoming works OK but the feedback stays emnpty.
Captured the OSC traffic and it shows up there - any suggestions?

Lex

jim10705

Here's what I configured (Note: Companion and MultiPlay are on the same computer, so I used the local address 127.0.0.1 where I can):

MultiPlay-
Incoming address is 192.168.0.240 which is DHCP assigned address for computer
Port: 8080
Remote outgoing
Destination is 127.0.0.1
Port: 8081

Companion (MultiPlay connection configuration):
Target address 127.0.0.1
Target port: 8080
Feedback port: 8081

I restart (toggle enable/disable) the connection in Companion after Companion and MultiPlay are running (this is important).
I use the preset info buttons provided by MultiPlay connection.

helex

Thanks for this. It's Great. Specially that you also can see the time remaining and when the cue has finished the next cue shows on the display.
Lex

Stormy

Quote from: helex on May 25, 2024, 09:19:01 PMSpecially that you also can see the time remaining and when the cue has finished the next cue shows on the display.
I can't see this, do you know why? Everything else works

jim10705

Stormy,

The elapsed and remaining time are INFO preset buttons provided by the Connection.
In MultiPlay have you enabled remote (outgoing) address and port that is the same as Feedback settings in Companion MultiPlay Connection settings?

To make sure feedback is working, I restart the Connection in Companion after I have started MP.

Stormy

It's all set, all buttons works fine except Info buttons.

Nomix99

Try using your computer's full IP instead of using localhost or 127.0.0.1

Stormy

I tried all the variants, even from another PC, same story.  :(

helex

Is the port you configured not used by another program? Bitfocus itself?

Else try the logging option David build in.

See https://da-share.com/forum/index.php?topic=668.msg4450#msg4450
Lex

Stormy

:(